Nordic products are designed to keep items temperature-controlled during shipping and are not intended for consumption. Therefore, they should not be consumed.
We have not tested our products for this use. Therefore, cannot recommend it.
Nordic Cold Chain Solutions supports sustainability by offering a fully recyclable option called Nordic Ice Drain Safe™. Learn more.
Nordic products are designed to keep items temperature-controlled during shipping and are not intended for purposes outside of shipping. Therefore, ice packs should not be used on body parts.
Possibly, but there are many shipping variables which determine how long gel ice packs last or how long a brick stays frozen. The primary advantage of our brick is the bricks ability to keep a consistent shape & they fit in tighter spaces. Typically you will see longer duration for brick product versus standard gels.
We have a variety of alternative, including Pallet Shippers, Thermal Pouches (both 2D & 3D), Insulated pallet covers, Insulated shipping coolers and more. Depending on your individual application/requirement we can propose and supply various alternatives.
Yes, we have 6 strategically located manufacturing facilities across the country. Each of our locations utilizes the same process allowing us to create redundancy ensuring our products meet the same high manufacturing standards.
Yes, we accept all major credit cards.
Our Flex gel packs can we used warm or cold.
Instructions for Cold therapy
1) Place pack in freezer for at least 2 hours.
2) Wrap in a dry towel or light cover and apply to the affected area – do not apply directly to skin.
3) Application should not exceed 20 minutes.
4) After use, place pack in the freezer for future application.
Instructions for Warm therapy
1) Place pack in a towel or light cover. Place in microwave for 10 seconds on medium or 50% power. Re-distribute gel in pack and repeat heating procedure until desired temperature. (not to exceed 150° F.
2) Remove pack from microwave, and keeping in a towel or light cover, apply to affected area - do not apply directly to skin.
3) Application should not exceed 20 minutes.
There are many variables that influence the performance of an ice pack, including:
- The type of packaging being used – e.g. Ice bricks, no sweat ice packs, pallet covers, etc.
- The origin and destination of the shipment.
- The duration requirements for the package to remain in a specific temperature range.
- The minimum and/or maximum temperature requirements throughout the duration of the shipment.
The time to freeze gel packs is dependent on the quantity and the type of freezer used. Individual packs can freeze as quickly as a few hours. Pallets quantities can take up to 28 days.
You can either store our gels/bricks in the freezer or in a cool dry place until ready to use.
While Nordic products are non-toxic, please contact your medical provider for medical advice.
Yes, Nordic Ice Drain Safe gel packs have been tested and are safe for drains in the United States and European Union. Simply cut open the pack, put contents in the drain, and flush with water.
To purchase directly from Nordic Cold Chain Solutions, there is a minimum order quantity of $150. This does not include shipping and handling or sales tax.
While Nordic products are non-toxic, please contact your child / pet’s medical provider for medical advice.
Because Nordic products are non-toxic, the food is still safe to eat. However, we recommend that you rinse off the affected area before eating.
Yes, our Drain Safe™ gel is completely safe in a septic system.
The ice gel content in Nordic Ice Gel Packs is made of 99% water. All other components are non-toxic, proprietary ingredients.
In many cases, we can usually process your order within 24 hours depending upon the quantity ordered. However, during the high season, summer months, inventories can run low and we might have to produce your order. Please contact our customer service team for a more detailed estimate on your expected shipping time.
As a leading cold chain solutions manufacturer, Nordic Cold Chain Solutions is proud to offer a variety of cold chain packaging supplies. These include, but are not limited to: insulated pallet covers and shippers, Thermal Pouches (both 2D & 3D), insulated shipping coolers and Poly bags for containing products when necessary.
No Sweat Gel packs absorb moisture thus protecting the product being shipped from condensation that can occur during transit.